Definition of decoction in English:
1The liquor resulting from concentrating the essence of a substance by heating or boiling, especially a medicinal preparation made from a plant: a decoction of a root
More example sentences
- Patients were given herbs and taught how to make decoctions, or the decoctions were prepared by the herbalist and given to the patient using an assortment of recycled bottles.
- Witch hazel decoctions are easily found on the shelf of most pharmacies, yet the literature available regarding its efficacy and mechanisms of action is limited.
- You may simmer tougher herbal roots and barks to make them into decoctions, another form of water extract.
1.1The action or process of extracting the essence of something.
- Some of these methods such as the detoxification of aconite by preparing it with salt and/or long…decoction are a mainstay of TCM practice.
- Medicinal plants are predominantly wildcrafted and dispensed mainly by decoction, although prepared formulas are given.
Words that rhyme with decoctionconcoction
Definition of decoction in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan