Definition of decongestant in English:
(Chiefly of a medicine) used to relieve nasal congestion.
- Most patients I see with this problem are taking some sort of western medication i.e. antihistamine, nasal decongestant spray or cortisone based inhalers.
- For people with significant nasal congestion, a decongestant therapy may be prescribed.
- You can also try using a nasal decongestant spray several hours before the flight.
nounBack to top
A decongestant medicine.
- Tremor can be caused by some medicines, including heart medicines, decongestants, medicines for breathing problems, and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Appropriate doses of analgesics, antipyretics and decongestants should be offered, as well as patient education about the chosen treatment strategy.
- Management of these patients may include use of antihistamines, decongestants, or intranasal steroids.
Words that rhyme with decongestantcontestant
Definition of decongestant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia