- Neutralize or remove dangerous substances, radioactivity, or germs from (an area, object, or person): they tried to decontaminate nearby villagesMore example sentences
- The emergency services sealed off the area and decontaminated the affected staff.
- The box and the depot area were decontaminated and the powder removed for testing.
- Staff at Broomfield Hospital's accident and emergency department are being given special training on how to decontaminate victims of any biological, chemical, radioactive or nuclear incident.
- More example sentences
- If decontamination were not possible, these areas would have to be abandoned for decades because of health risks, he said.
- It also recommends the MOD undertakes a full decontamination of the site before it is released.
- The trials show the importance of infection control in ambulances and that VHP is a highly effective product for decontamination.