noun (plural decrescendos), adverb , & adjective
- another term for diminuendo. [as noun]: the decrescendo of distant thunder [as adjective]: a decrescendo heart murmurMore example sentences
- Instead of merely playing the whole piece as softly as possible, we play opposite dynamics: forte where it should be piano, a decrescendo where there should be a crescendo.
- Furthermore, the crescendos and decrescendos need to be better managed.
- ‘Dancing Raindrops’ encourages musical artistry with phrases notated with crescendo and decrescendo throughout.
early 19th century: Italian, literally 'decreasing'.
More definitions of decrescendoDefinition of decrescendo in:
- The British & World English dictionary