verb (decries, decrying, decried)[with object]
Publicly denounce: they decried human rights abuses
More example sentences
- Then she's at a public hearing, decrying the woman who dared to take her husband to task for sexually abusing their daughters.
- He decried it as an attack on the international working class, and encouraged all workers to refuse to go.
- Then they will decry human rights abuses in other countries.
- More example sentences
- These theological doubters and decriers had questioned John the Baptist about the validity of his mission.
- Sadly, I now have more sympathy for the average embattled professional than his or her decrier.
- The decriers of greed, privilege, and degeneracy and champions of economic equality are forcefully rebutted in turn.