- 1(Of a person) devoted to a task or purpose; having single-minded loyalty or integrity: a team of dedicated doctorsMore example sentences
- A great Christian, she was dedicated to her God and her church and gave many hours of dedicated service to the Cathedral in Ballina.
- Tributes were paid to Willie Healy who stepped down as treasurer after many years of devoted and dedicated service.
- Many important decisions were approved and the Chairman thanked the committee for their dedicated voluntary service for the good of the parish.
- 1.1(Of a thing) exclusively allocated to or intended for a particular service or purpose: investing in dedicated bike lanes will encourage more bicycle commutersMore example sentences
exclusive, custom built, customized
- This allows problems on a network to be diagnosed and reported in a variety of ways, be it by e-mail, web page or dedicated terminal.
- With a desktop pc, you can buy a dedicated graphics card just to serve a graphics intensive application.
- Second Harvest created a dedicated Web page for the newsletter readers with links to further information on the topics that were covered in the newsletter.
- More example sentences
- Nick Land was the key figure here, in that it was he who was able to hold, for a while, a position ‘within’ a university philosophy department whilst dedicatedly opening up connections to the outside.
- But that doesn't stop photographer James dedicatedly doing his job as he crouches on the runway to capture the touchdown for prosperity.
- The last time I remember ever having dedicatedly listened to radio was almost fourteen years ago.