noun (plural deficiencies)
- 1A lack or shortage: vitamin A deficiency in childrenMore example sentences
- Sunscreen prevented sunlight from generating vitamin D in the skin, risking serious deficiencies in the long run.
- Other risk factors include deficiencies in vitamin A, beta-carotene, vitamin C, and folic acid.
- Like scurvy or pernicious anaemia, he puts it down to nutritional deficiencies in the modern diet: the lack of the essential vitamin B17.
- 1.1A failing or shortcoming: they did not like having the deficiencies of their city pointed out to themMore example sentences
- For if you love someone greatly, your love will be great enough to tolerate his or her shortcomings or deficiencies.
- Another remarkable feature Hu noticed in his early days in the city was the serious deficiency of work efficiency.
- And the plant did not consistently produce potable water because of system failures and operational deficiencies.