1A device that deflects something, in particular.
- All householders receiving the channels via the deflectors from the Comeragh Mountains are asked to attend this important meeting.
- Don't forget you will need a GB sticker and headlight deflectors.
- The answer is simple - French beams merely go up and down without deflecting to one side. The French are similarly bemused as to why we stick beam deflectors on our cars!
1.1A plate or other attachment for deflecting a flow of air, water, heat, etc.
- The two-piece deflector plate must be attached using a minimum of four 5/16-inch Grade 8 bolts.
- There were more baffles, ducts, and brackets with metal deflectors to cool that engine than you could imagine.
- The power shower-approved products feature a patented system of magnets along their full-length hinges, and are fitted with integrated deflectors and a barrier bar at the base to prevent water from escaping.
1.2An electrode in a cathode ray tube whose magnetic field is used to deflect a beam of electrons onto a phosphor screen to form an image.
- The physical dimensions and spacing of the electrodes are selected to compensate static distortion while the x and y deflectors compensate distortion.
Words that rhyme with deflectorbisector, collector, connector, convector, corrector, defector, detector, director, ejector, elector, erector, hector, injector, inspector, nectar, objector, perfecter, projector, prospector, protector, rector, reflector, rejector, respecter, sector, selector, Spector, spectre (US specter), vector
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.