- A chemical that removes the leaves from trees and plants and is often used in warfare.More example sentences
- Much of the countryside was laid waste through carpet-bombing, napalm and widespread use of chemical defoliants, and even a quarter century after the end of the war, the economic and ecological impact remain enormous.
- He later contracted and perished from cancer, which he and his father believed was caused by exposure to chemical defoliants used extensively in the war.
- By 1985 one-third of the country was considered wasteland, thanks to the use of chemical defoliants.
More definitions of defoliantDefinition of defoliant in:
- The British & World English dictionary