verb (defrags, defragging, defragged)[with object] Computing
- short for defragment.More example sentences
- I have more important chores, like formatting and defragging my floppies.
- After every test, all drives were defragged and the system was rebooted.
- I spend a good chunk of time trying to track down the problem - running diagnostics, defragging the hard drive, updating drivers, etc.
nounBack to top
- An instance of defragging a disk, or the utility that does this.More example sentences
- If you run the defrag utility (normally found on Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools) once a month, your PC will be a lot happier for it.
- I've scanned my system for viruses, cleaned my hard drive using the defrag utility, and use scandisk to check for file-system errors.
- This week the article caught my interest - as on many Computer Group forums - the defrag utility is plagued with many problems.
More definitions of defragDefinition of defrag in:
- The British & World English dictionary