Definition of defrag in English:
verb (defrags, defragging, defragged)[with object] Computing
short for defragment.
- I have more important chores, like formatting and defragging my floppies.
- After every test, all drives were defragged and the system was rebooted.
- I spend a good chunk of time trying to track down the problem - running diagnostics, defragging the hard drive, updating drivers, etc.
nounBack to top
An instance of defragging a disk, or the utility that does this.
- If you run the defrag utility (normally found on Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools) once a month, your PC will be a lot happier for it.
- I've scanned my system for viruses, cleaned my hard drive using the defrag utility, and use scandisk to check for file-system errors.
- This week the article caught my interest - as on many Computer Group forums - the defrag utility is plagued with many problems.
Definition of defrag in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan