verb (degass, degassing, degassed)
- Make or become free of unwanted or excess gas: [with object]: the column has not been degassed [no object]: the summit craters were degassing freelyMore example sentences
- First, we assume that the magma degassing process is open, meaning that gas and bubbles are lost from the magma during degassing.
- Depending on the initial volatile content of the ‘primary’ or ‘deep’ magma, volatile saturation is reached at a certain point, and the magma begins to degas.
- Faults provide additional pathways, such as dykes, for magma transport and also may help to degas the magma during its ascent.
More definitions of degasDefinition of degas in:
- The British & World English dictionary