Definition of degradation in English:
1The condition or process of degrading or being degraded: a trail of human misery and degradation
More example sentences
- This riveting drama speaks to our souls with its incessant probes into the importance of human choice and the degradations brought on by self-destructiveness.
- It is ironic that these recent degradations of traditional citizenry have followed a period of 50 years unparalleled advance in the quality of material life.
- Mass movements against the degradations of the free market have developed in every continent.
1.1 Geology The wearing down of rock by disintegration.
- Students will measure and model mountain erosion/degradation processes.
- Morphologic analysis of scarp degradation can be used quantitatively to determine relative ages of different scarps formed in cohensionless materials, under the same climatic conditions.
- Previous studies have found that for Quaternary events in arid climates, fault scarp degradation in colluvial material can be used to estimate fault age and earthquake recurrence.