Definition of degrading in English:
Causing a loss of self-respect; humiliating: cruel or degrading treatment
More example sentences
- ‘It exposed a level of degrading and humiliating treatment of elderly people that should not be tolerated in this or any other society,’ he said.
- But if he's captured in a humiliating or degrading way, it may discourage people from joining the movement.
- Regarding the incident as one more humiliation in a degrading illness, I shuffled down the hall to a dirty, cramped toilet compartment.
- Example sentences
- He also demands answers as to ‘Why I was physically abused, and degradingly stripped by force, then paraded in front of several cameras toted by personnel.’
- ‘That was the easiest test of the year,’ someone said degradingly behind them.
- But because they have been so degradingly de-funded, we have allowed our schools to be left without the resources to resist this deal with the devil.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan