verb (dehumidifies, dehumidifying, dehumidified)[with object]
Remove moisture from (the air or a gas).
- Cleaning surfaces with a bleach solution and dehumidifying the air can help, but if you have mold inside your walls or any serious buildup, you'll want to have it dealt with by a professional.
- Computers generate heat, dehumidifying the air, and you blink less when you concentrate on work.
- The freezers warm up and dehumidify the air inside the appliance daily or when their ‘intelligent’ system detects the unit needs it, raising the temperature just enough to stop ice forming.
- Example sentences
- In addition, the mold and moisture issues associated with chillers operating at part-load conditions are eliminated when proper dehumidification can occur.
- Vigorous cleaning, special moisture control measures, and dehumidification, along with minimizing indoor plants, can decrease mold exposure.
- Reducing outside air intake means less cooling, heating, dehumidification and exhaust fan speed, if it's variable, thus saving energy several ways.
Definition of dehumidify in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.