Definition of deinonychus in English:
A dromaeosaurid dinosaur of the mid Cretaceous period, growing up to 11 feet (3.3 m) in length.
- Genus Deinonychus, family Dromaeosauridae, suborder Theropoda
- You can see feathered models of deinonychus, with a therizinosaurus in the background.
- Utahraptors were the largest species in the class where velociraptors and deinonychuses also belong.
- A huge curved claw on each foot made Deinonychus a small but particularly deadly dinosaur of the Cretaceous Period.
Definition of deinonychus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan