A dromaeosaurid dinosaur of the mid Cretaceous period, growing up to 11 feet (3.3 m) in length.
- Genus Deinonychus, family Dromaeosauridae, suborder Theropoda
More example sentences
- You can see feathered models of deinonychus, with a therizinosaurus in the background.
- Utahraptors were the largest species in the class where velociraptors and deinonychuses also belong.
- A huge curved claw on each foot made Deinonychus a small but particularly deadly dinosaur of the Cretaceous Period.
modern Latin, from Greek deinos 'terrible' + onux, onukh- 'claw'.
Definition of deinonychus in:
- The British & World English dictionary