A deceptive movement or feint that induces an opponent to move out of position.
- Since you have independent control of both the stick/puck and the skater's body and momentum, you have to manage both to pull of an effective deke move.
- One-timers are easier to execute, as are dekes.
- The system uses combinations of moves on the right analog stick or both analog sticks in unison (to shoot while deking) to produce a specific deke result.
Draw (a player) out of position by performing a deke.
- The crowd was on its feet with a roar as she spun counterclockwise, deked out the goaltender, snapped the puck home at an impossible angle, and slid back-first into the boards on her rear.
- His spin moves, particularly down low, have left defenders standing alone and goaltenders deked out of their skates.
- He deked and ball faked and muscled his way past every last one.
1960s: shortened form of decoy.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of deke in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.