Definition of delay line in English:
1A device producing a specific desired delay in the transmission of a signal.
- Fortunately for us, we are dealing with digital signals where a delay line can be implemented with nothing more than a FIFO (first in, first out) buffer.
- In response to an input clock signal, the variable delay line produces a delayed output clock signal that is compared at a race detection circuit to the input clock signal.
- Then at least one electrical delay line delays the input signal.
1.1A set of mirrors controlling the path lengths between outlying telescopes and a central receiver.
- By integrating this source with a delay line and a broadband, grazing-incidence toroidal mirror, the researchers generated odd phase-locked harmonics of the laser frequency up to very high orders.
Definition of delay line in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan