- 1The action or process of deleting something: deletion of a fileMore example sentences
- Actually, beyond deletion of the files, my options are nonexistent.
- This eliminates the issue of file corruptions, viruses and file deletions.
- Several programs exist to allow users to accomplish actual deletion of files containing sensitive information.
- 2 Genetics The loss or absence of a section from a nucleic acid molecule or chromosome.More example sentences
- These studies demonstrate the utility of chromosome deletions for complex trait analysis.
- We identified two chromosomes with small deletions in the gene.
- Correct integration of the deletions into the chromosome was confirmed by Southern analysis.
More definitions of deletionDefinition of deletion in:
- The British & World English dictionary