Definition of deletion in English:
1The action or process of deleting something: deletion of a file
More example sentences
- Actually, beyond deletion of the files, my options are nonexistent.
- This eliminates the issue of file corruptions, viruses and file deletions.
- Several programs exist to allow users to accomplish actual deletion of files containing sensitive information.
2 Genetics The loss or absence of a section from a nucleic acid molecule or chromosome.
- These studies demonstrate the utility of chromosome deletions for complex trait analysis.
- We identified two chromosomes with small deletions in the gene.
- Correct integration of the deletions into the chromosome was confirmed by Southern analysis.
Definition of deletion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan