Definition of delighted in English:
Feeling or showing great pleasure: a delighted smile [with infinitive]: we were delighted to see her
More example sentences
- Instead of being rewarded with a delighted smile, there was an awkward, bitter smirk.
- It was a source of delighted surprise to his friends to discover his expert knowledge of food and wines.
- I even wrote an essay about the joys of dentistry which was presented to my delighted dentist.
- Example sentences
- Or maybe they placed 2p into a ‘penny fall’ machine then watched delightedly as a handful of coins clattered into the ‘win’ tray.
- Certainly the acceptance speech was a series of such one-liners delivered on a circular stage, while the convention delegates pitched in delightedly with the expected applause.
- ‘She will kill him,’ said one source delightedly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan