Definition of delighted in English:
Feeling or showing great pleasure: a delighted smile [with infinitive]: we were delighted to see her
More example sentences
- Instead of being rewarded with a delighted smile, there was an awkward, bitter smirk.
- It was a source of delighted surprise to his friends to discover his expert knowledge of food and wines.
- I even wrote an essay about the joys of dentistry which was presented to my delighted dentist.
- Example sentences
- Or maybe they placed 2p into a ‘penny fall’ machine then watched delightedly as a handful of coins clattered into the ‘win’ tray.
- Certainly the acceptance speech was a series of such one-liners delivered on a circular stage, while the convention delegates pitched in delightedly with the expected applause.
- ‘She will kill him,’ said one source delightedly.
Pronunciation: /dəˈlīdidlē/ /dēˈlītidlē/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.