- 1The action of describing or portraying something precisely: the artist’s exquisite delineation of costume and jewelryMore example sentences
- Smooth gradients typically work better than sharp delineations of color.
- In their place would come themes, ending the rigid delineation of topics.
- Our cover list is not a perfect delineation of popularity.
- 2The action of indicating the exact position of a border or boundary: the eventual delineation of the border between the two statesMore example sentences
- Eight metres down, I notice a sharp delineation in the water.
- The final delineation of the frontier was a compromise more favorable to the Manchus than to the Russians.
- The delineation of built-up areas will define the areas where countryside policies apply.