Definition of delphinium in English:
noun (plural delphiniums)
A popular garden plant of the buttercup family that bears tall spikes of blue flowers.
- Genus Delphinium, family Ranunculaceae
- Plants that may require staking to hold their blooms high include Canterbury bells, hollyhocks, and verbascums, with foxgloves and delphiniums in the upper garden zones.
- The upper bed is mostly for perennials, including red-and-white columbines, purple blue campanulas, and tall blue delphiniums fronted by yellow and orange Iceland poppies.
- Many other garden plants are also highly toxic, including rhubarb leaves, autumn crocuses, delphiniums, foxgloves and laburnum.
Definition of delphinium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan