Definition of delphinium in English:
noun (plural delphiniums)
A popular garden plant of the buttercup family that bears tall spikes of blue flowers.
- Genus Delphinium, family Ranunculaceae
- Plants that may require staking to hold their blooms high include Canterbury bells, hollyhocks, and verbascums, with foxgloves and delphiniums in the upper garden zones.
- The upper bed is mostly for perennials, including red-and-white columbines, purple blue campanulas, and tall blue delphiniums fronted by yellow and orange Iceland poppies.
- Many other garden plants are also highly toxic, including rhubarb leaves, autumn crocuses, delphiniums, foxgloves and laburnum.
Words that rhyme with delphiniumactinium, aluminium, condominium
Definition of delphinium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.