- Rays of low penetrative power consisting of slow electrons or other particles ejected from atoms by the impact of ionizing radiation.More example sentences
- These are all negative particles which, like the delta rays turn to the left.
- The fraction due to delta rays and capacitive coupling has been increased to 24% for the first stack and to 19% for the other stacks.
- They suggest that delta ray action rarely produces DSBs at locations away from a primary ion track, and that the average energy per delta ray has little biological importance.
More definitions of delta raysDefinition of delta rays in:
- The British & World English dictionary