- A single triangular swept-back wing on some aircraft, typically military aircraft.More example sentences
- Under this concept the launch vehicle, which has a solid-fuel engine and a delta wing, would be suspended under the airplane's fuselage.
- One former Vulcan pilot explained: ‘Although it was an easy aircraft to fly, it owed everything to the two pairs of Olympus 202 engines housed within the delta wing.’
- I am of an age where I have never not been aware of Concorde and never not felt that with its dynamic shape and delta wing that it was ever anything else than the Queen of the Skies.
- More example sentences
- The last flight of the XB - 70 occurred in February 1969 when the delta-winged bomber arrived at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, to become part of the Air Force Museum's permanent collection.
- In the late 1950s, the USAF acquired a supersonic strategic bomber in the Convair B - 58, a delta-winged aircraft that could exceed Mach 2.
- An unexpected result is that there are striking similarities between the flow patterns found and those that occur around the wings of delta-winged aircraft.
More definitions of delta wingDefinition of delta wing in:
- The British & World English dictionary