Definition of demilitarize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective demilitarized)
Remove all military forces from (an area): a demilitarized zone
More example sentences
- ‘We seek a region in which demilitarized zones and missile batteries no longer separate people with a common heritage, and a common future,’ he added.
- In military terms the 16,000-square-mile demilitarised zone is a vital strategic area where the rebels have been able to recruit, train and resupply.
- Selling demilitarized missiles however is acceptable, an spokesman said.
- Example sentences
- The looming prospect of war has given an upcoming conference on disarmament and demilitarisation a heightened sense of urgency.
- He said the sensitive issues of disarmament and demilitarization in the battle zone would be discussed Tuesday as part of the issues related to the resettlement.
- ‘It means working for universal demilitarisation and nuclear disarmament,’ he said.
Definition of demilitarize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan