Definition of demine in English:
Remove explosive mines from: the country would now move to demine the 41 sites
More example sentences
- With international financing, the country rapidly demined the war zone; by 1994 no injuries related to mines were reported.
- Mine training focuses on the soldier's ability to work with and teach demining operations to indigenous personnel and foreign troops.
- Some experts believe that at the current rate of demining it will be 90 years before the country is mine free.
- Example sentences
- At the end of each shift in the minefields, the deminers detonate the mines they've found in situ.
- This is several thousands times faster than the technique used by trained deminers equipped with probes, who clear 40m² of mined area per day.
- Rather than expose deminers to the danger of handling a possibly booby-trapped device, several methods have been proposed for destroying mines in situ without actually detonating them.
Definition of demine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan