(in full metric demy)
Definition of demy in English:
1.1 (in full demy octavo) A book size, now standardized at 216 × 138 mm.
- In any press, the most frequently used sizes of pages are demy quarto (1/4), demy octavo (1/8), crown quarto and crown octavo.
- There are many standard formats Metric Demy Octavo (216 x 138. mm) or Metric Crown Octavo (186 x 123 mm) are common ones.
1.2 (in full demy quarto) A book size, now standardized at 276 × 219 mm.
- Reg, Following Pat's email, I think the old Hansard sizes were demy quarto but I could be mistaken.
- The book is very nicely got up by the publisher in format metric demy 4to (280 mm × 216 mm; 11 in × 8.5 in) and expertly set by the author.
Definition of demy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan