- 1A substance added to alcohol to make it unfit for drinking.More example sentences
- There are several grades of denatured alcohol, but the denaturants used are generally similar.
- Methanol is used as a denaturant for grain alcohol.
- 1.1 Biochemistry A substance that causes denaturation of proteins or other biological compounds.More example sentences
- The effect of denaturants on protein folding has long been investigated.
- These observations underscore the complexity of the mechanism by which denaturants achieve their protein-unfolding action.
- Fig.6 shows that the protein molecules gradually increase their size when exposed to a denaturant.
More definitions of denaturantDefinition of denaturant in:
- The British & World English dictionary