- (Of a plant, marine invertebrate, or structure) tree-shaped; arborescent; branching.More example sentences
- The intermediate-level benthos was dominated by sponges, corals, giant bivalves, giant brachiopods, stalked echinoderms and fixed dendroid graptolites.
- Further, older autozooids in major proximal regions of some large dendroid colonies stopped growing skeletons outwardly as distal colony growth continued.
- Many dendroid colonies in lower Paleozoic trepostomes developed narrow exozones of young presumably feeding autozooids in cycles that covered growing branch tips.
nounPaleontology Back to top
More definitions of dendroidDefinition of dendroid in:
- The British & World English dictionary