noun (plural same or dentexes)
- Any of various sea breams of the genus Dentex, especially D. dentex of the Mediterranean and the North African Atlantic coast. Many are important food fishes.More example sentences
- Like Majorca, the sea around Menorca abounds with shoaling barracuda, amberjack, dentex and dolphins.
- You will see shoaling barracuda, dentex, amberjack and sunfish here.
- There are good numbers of many different species of bream, but the pink dentex and the hurta bream are the most prized, both reaching in excess of 30 lb.
modern Latin (genus name), from Latin.
More definitions of dentexDefinition of dentex in:
- The British & World English dictionary