- A small tooth or toothlike projection.More example sentences
- Near the base of the teeth, the denticles are less strongly pointed, and may become rounded.
- With the possible exception of this small missing portion of the jaw, there are no other teeth or denticles on the prearticular.
- The other teeth do not show denticles because they are not well preserved.
late Middle English (denoting a pointer on an astrolabe): from Latin denticulus, diminutive of dens, dent- 'tooth'.
More definitions of denticleDefinition of denticle in:
- The British & World English dictionary