- The arrangement or condition of the teeth in a particular species or individual.More example sentences
- The dentition of the species is highly reduced, with males possessing one or occasionally two pairs of short teeth in the tip of the lower jaw.
- The size of the first upper and first lower molar is the least variable in the permanent dentition of most mammals, a pattern that has been confirmed in canids.
- I present a method developed to describe the entire dentition of the Carnivoramorpha and other mammalian meat eaters (Creodonta).
late 16th century (denoting the process of developing of teeth): from Latin dentitio(n-), from dentire 'teethe', from dens, dent- 'tooth'.
More definitions of dentitionDefinition of dentition in:
- The British & World English dictionary