Definition of denuclearize in English:
Remove nuclear weapons from.
- Above all, the decision was made to denuclearize Europe by withdrawing all forward-based nuclear warheads, especially the few low-yield warheads we had deployed, and by shifting military planning to a conventional response.
- The need to denuclearize the peninsula and prevent weapons of mass destruction from proliferating are also expected to be pillars of the plan.
- I want to denuclearize the peninsula and make it a peaceful place.
- Example sentences
- Another potential source of dispute is the question of whether the goal of denuclearization covers only military programs or includes those for peaceful use, a point that has yet to be clarified, diplomats say.
- My wife and I have been working together for the cause of peace, demilitarisation and denuclearisation.
- The ministers recognized the importance of denuclearization of the peninsula in maintaining peace and security in the region.
Definition of denuclearize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia