Feel or express strong disapproval of (something): we deplore this act of violence
More example sentences
- He acknowledges a common humanity, denouncing modern race slavery in the strongest terms and deploring the disappearance of Indian civilizations into a historical void in which their cultural meanings would be forever lost.
- The official condemnations of the bombing, therefore, focus not on deploring the act but on lamenting the consequences.
- He said: " The council deplores all acts of violence ".
- More example sentences
- James looked at me deploringly and not in the least guilty looking at all.
- Colleen groaned and rolled onto her side, looking deploringly at her mother.