Definition of deplume in English:
1Deprive (a bird) of feathers.
- None of its limbs should be cut, skinned or immersed in hot water or feathers be deplumed without making sure of its death.
- If these skin lesions are found then it seems reasonable to suspect that depluming mites are prevalent.
- The carcass is then deplumed and rinsed using a conventional picker with ambient temperature salt-water.
1.1 archaic Strip or deprive of honor, status, or wealth.
- Even the Archangel Michael, who led the army of faithful angels against Lucifer's rebels, is deplumed and left with a rusted sword.
- The Public may not, perhaps, be very eager to assist Mr. Davis in his favourite amusement of depluming me.
Definition of deplume in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.