Definition of deplume in English:
1Deprive (a bird) of feathers.
- None of its limbs should be cut, skinned or immersed in hot water or feathers be deplumed without making sure of its death.
- If these skin lesions are found then it seems reasonable to suspect that depluming mites are prevalent.
- The carcass is then deplumed and rinsed using a conventional picker with ambient temperature salt-water.
1.1 archaic Strip or deprive of honor, status, or wealth.
- Even the Archangel Michael, who led the army of faithful angels against Lucifer's rebels, is deplumed and left with a rusted sword.
- The Public may not, perhaps, be very eager to assist Mr. Davis in his favourite amusement of depluming me.
Definition of deplume in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan