Definition of depoliticize in English:
Remove from political activity or influence: we have to depoliticize sex education
More example sentences
- The gains from depoliticizing commercial activities should be evident by the fact that state banks and state-owned companies often serve as vehicles for distributing political favors and patronage.
- This is part of a process which links their salaries to middle-ranking civil servants in an effort to depoliticise the issue of politicians’ pay.
- The irony is that over the course of the year, politics has been effectively depoliticized, turned into a war of symbols and signs, most of it intended to obscure what is really at stake.
- Example sentences
- There are lots of reasons why the parties have been transformed and why they no longer play that role, but the results are a decline in civic education, a thinning out of political identification and depoliticization, more generally.
- Indeed, this depoliticization of the economic system in which we live, and of economic relations, is surely one of the great achievements of (we might still call) bourgeois ideology.
- The movement to limit freedom of speech on one hand and the activities of these organizations on the other encourages the depoliticization of the public discourse and results in the brainwashing of the public.
Definition of depoliticize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia