- A person who has been or is being expelled from a country.More example sentences
- Like the early deportees these 21st-century settlers have to endure hardship and adversity before they emerge into the promised land of white sandy beaches stretching into the sunset.
- What seems to have been forgotten behind all the ranting is that legal deportees require support and deportation orders can be wrongly served.
- Politically persecuted deportees are often arrested at the airport as they leave the plane to be subjected to renewed torture, or they simply ‘disappear’ without a trace.
More definitions of deporteeDefinition of deportee in:
- The British & World English dictionary