verb (deprograms, deprogramming, deprogrammed or deprograms, deprograming, deprogramed)[with object]
- Release (someone) from apparent brainwashing, typically that of a religious cult, by the systematic reindoctrination of conventional values.More example sentences
- Must every religious convert be deprogrammed?
- It isn't a matter of informing the mind, but of deprogramming the body.
- Her family panic and lure her home to be deprogrammed by an exit counsellor from the States.
More definitions of deprogramDefinition of deprogram in:
- The British & World English dictionary