- An explosive charge designed to be dropped from a ship or aircraft and to explode under water at a preset depth, used for attacking submarines.More example sentences
- He was given a nuclear depth-bomb: like a depth charge but actually a hydrogen bomb.
- Depth charge after depth charge rained down on the U-boat and up floated the usual tell-tale signs - oil and air bubbles.
- By the end, when the sonar operator says, ‘splashes’, you yourself brace for the explosion of the depth charge.
More definitions of depth chargeDefinition of depth charge in:
- The British & World English dictionary