Definition of derestrict in English:
Remove restrictions from.
- One motorcyclist was recorded travelling at a speed of 108 mph on a derestricted road proving that a mindless section still choose to use the county's roads as their own personal speed track.
- He disappeared in the rear view mirror within a matter of seconds as the speedo crept up to 180 mph on a derestricted stretch of road.
- So it flashes you as you leave the village for the derestricted bit, rather than as you enter the built up area.
- Example sentences
- Only the working party can take the initiative to approve and recommend the derestriction and publication of the study.
- If these derestrictions are done correctly the differences shown in the dyno curves will be apparent.
- I do not believe that the derestriction approach of letting the market find its balance will work.
Definition of derestrict in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.