- A demand for a commodity, service, etc., that is a consequence of the demand for something else.More example sentences
- Thus it can be argued that the demand for economics courses is a derived demand.
- Therefore, the demand for transportation service is a derived demand and, in part, based on the demands and supplies of agricultural products.
- Because the demand for stevedoring services is a derived demand, the elasticity of demand is small.
More definitions of derived demandDefinition of derived demand in:
- The British & World English dictionary