noun(the/le dernier cri)
- The very latest fashion: as soon as he was passé on the European scene, he became the dernier cri hereMore example sentences
- But it really was a devil of a job to get excited about food when the dernier cri was wheatgrass juice.
- I don't know when it made its first appearance in this context but it is the dernier cri in fitness circles, and if you want to be trendy and a follower of the latest craze on the gym circuit its use is de rigueur.
- Widely billed as the dernier cri in armoury, the light sabre is nothing more than a flashlight powered by wasps that has to be held in both hands.
late 19th century: French, literally 'last cry'.
More definitions of dernier criDefinition of dernier cri in:
- The British & World English dictionary