- A piece of metal around which a rope is passed and which makes use of friction to slow descent during rappelling.More example sentences
- As for the climbing gear, I saw nothing in the photos that resembled a descendeur or karabiner.
- You practice abseiling down the rope, using a special device called a STOP - different to a climbing descendeur, it gives much more control over your descent.
- At the top of the gorge (which we would have been hard pushed to find at all on our own) we were shown the following method of clipping into a figure of eight descendeur without chancing dropping it.
late 20th century: French, literally 'descender'.
More definitions of descendeurDefinition of descendeur in:
- The British & World English dictionary