Definition of descriptor in English:
1An element or term that has the function of describing, identifying, or indexing, in particular.
- The software is designed to identify an individual using 692 facial descriptors to capture and identify a face.
- Now no doubt there are some for whom those terms are true descriptors.
- In a captivating style, both scholarly and conversational, the author explores gender as identity, membership, descriptor, and label.
1.1 Linguistics A word or expression used to describe or identify something.
- Values are expressed as mean [+ or -] SD, and the word descriptors are expressed as [chi square] or by p value.
- Next, I determined whether the literature distribution is different across different key word descriptors describing environmental endocrine disruption.
- The descriptor words themselves appeared one or more times within a particular obituary or across different obituaries.
1.2 Computing A piece of stored data that indicates how other data is stored.
- Since Linux stores the process descriptor and the kernel mode process stack in a single 8KB memory area, we can use this fact and avoid allocating memory for labeling the subjects.
- Method of scheduling interrupts to the linked lists of transfer descriptors scheduled at intervals on a serial bus
- Scanning an array of descriptors or waiting for data consumes processing time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia