- Deprive of sexual character or the distinctive qualities of a sex.More example sentences
- Black feminists have consistently drawn attention to European history's construction of black women as hypersexual, or as desexualized characters, there to serve the interests of white women and men.
- We defensively sanitize and desexualize ourselves and our children in order to reassure ourselves and others that we are free of any desires even remotely connected to childhood sexuality.
- By desexualizing the issue we preserve the government's purpose (a social institution that brings stability to our society) without endorsing behavior that many of us consider immoral.
- More example sentences
- What dramatization, sanitization, and desexualization follow from this general inflation of psychic economies across the whole of social space?
- One of feminism's great legacies was to dismantle the Victorian desexualisation of women whereby they were expected to bridle men's unruly sexuality.
- Aside from constantly portraying ‘himself,’ his beautified body, desexualization, and on-screen relationships with men also play into his unrecognized camp.
More definitions of desexualizeDefinition of desexualize in:
- The British & World English dictionary