Definition of desexualize in English:
Deprive of sexual character or the distinctive qualities of a sex.
- Black feminists have consistently drawn attention to European history's construction of black women as hypersexual, or as desexualized characters, there to serve the interests of white women and men.
- We defensively sanitize and desexualize ourselves and our children in order to reassure ourselves and others that we are free of any desires even remotely connected to childhood sexuality.
- By desexualizing the issue we preserve the government's purpose (a social institution that brings stability to our society) without endorsing behavior that many of us consider immoral.
- Example sentences
- What dramatization, sanitization, and desexualization follow from this general inflation of psychic economies across the whole of social space?
- One of feminism's great legacies was to dismantle the Victorian desexualisation of women whereby they were expected to bridle men's unruly sexuality.
- Aside from constantly portraying ‘himself,’ his beautified body, desexualization, and on-screen relationships with men also play into his unrecognized camp.
Definition of desexualize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan