- A hygroscopic substance used as a drying agent.More example sentences
- However, desiccants contain chemical agents that may be toxic to children, pets, and the chemically sensitive.
- Unlike cooling-based dehumidifiers, which cool the air to condense moisture, desiccants attract moisture molecules directly from the air and release them into an exhaust air stream.
- One ingredient found in almost all tablet or capsule containers is a desiccant - cotton batten or a small canister containing a harmless, water-absorbing compound.
late 17th century: from Latin desiccant- 'making thoroughly dry', from the verb desiccare.
More definitions of desiccantDefinition of desiccant in:
- The British & World English dictionary