nounNorth American • informal , chiefly • derogatory
- A person who works at a desk; an office worker.More example sentences
- My father worked as a desk jockey at some office in Boston.
- I don't really care about all that because I'm a desk jockey - a professional paper pusher.
- The team of soldiers included a newly appointed staff sergeant, a dedicated veteran, a trained fighter, and a desk jockey who was suddenly thrust into battle.
on the pattern of disc jockey.
More definitions of desk jockeyDefinition of desk jockey in:
- The British & World English dictionary