1Reduce the level of skill required to carry out (a job): advances in technology had deskilled numerous working-class jobs
More example sentences
- Firms converted to large-scale assembly-line operations, ultimately speeding up and deskilling individual jobs.
- In some cases, service offers have been simplified, jobs have been deskilled, and personnel replaced with machines in order to reduce human variability.
- They analysed the implications of the proposals, explaining that it would be used to reduce teaching staff and deskill education.
1.1Make the skills of (a worker) obsolete.
- They resisted the automation that deskilled workers and increased the power of managers.
- Now the bosses have the audacity to try to deskill the workers at the Central, and to run down factories in the name of modernisation.
- However, the risk of distressing and deskilling the doctor must be minimised.
Definition of deskill in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.