Definition of deskill in English:
1Reduce the level of skill required to carry out (a job): advances in technology had deskilled numerous working-class jobs
More example sentences
- Firms converted to large-scale assembly-line operations, ultimately speeding up and deskilling individual jobs.
- In some cases, service offers have been simplified, jobs have been deskilled, and personnel replaced with machines in order to reduce human variability.
- They analysed the implications of the proposals, explaining that it would be used to reduce teaching staff and deskill education.
1.1Make the skills of (a worker) obsolete.
- They resisted the automation that deskilled workers and increased the power of managers.
- Now the bosses have the audacity to try to deskill the workers at the Central, and to run down factories in the name of modernisation.
- However, the risk of distressing and deskilling the doctor must be minimised.
Definition of deskill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan