Definition of despairing in English:
Showing the loss of all hope: he gave a despairing little shrug
More example sentences
- Charlie collapsed in a chair, giving a despairing little sigh.
- She gave no answer to my reproaches, save to gaze at me with a sort of wild, despairing look in her eyes.
- About three of their forwards scrambled the ball past our despairing goalie.
- Example sentences
- But this socializing is a heavy task,’ he says, a little despairingly.
- The incomprehensible fact that not everybody's vehicle on planet Earth is powered by this super-efficient waste product of the oil-refining process would doubtless prompt him to shake his head despairingly again.
- His wife despairingly asks, ‘What is it that you want?’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan