Definition of dessertspoon in English:
1.1The amount held by a dessertspoon.
- Add one dessertspoon of honey and two teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Spoon dessertspoons of batter into the pan and cook on a medium heat until the underside begins to brown and the tops look lightly set.
- Make a small roux by melting about 20 g butter and flour (roughly a dessertspoon of each) together in a saucepan.
- Example sentences
- Add a dash of brown sugar (about a dessertspoonful) to the meat and a couple of teaspoonfuls of pesto to the vegetables.
- Scatter half a chopped onion, half a garlic clove, and 2 dessertspoonfuls of salt over meat.
- Drop a scant dessertspoonful of the mixture on to lightly oiled oven trays, leaving room for spreading.
Pronunciation: /-fo͝ol/noun (plural dessertspoonfuls)
Definition of dessertspoon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan