Definition of destination in English:
- Other increasingly popular destinations are Croatia, Bulgaria, Cuba and Turkey.
- Other popular export destinations included Canada, Asia and the Middle East.
- In recent years, prisons have become popular tourist destinations in parts of Asia.
adjectiveBack to top
- The best part of Los Angeles is that it is the destination place for the entire world.
- This East End patch may not be a destination spot for the media trend pundits, but there is a vibe about the place.
- This, he says, must be a destination hotel for the discerning business and leisure visitor.
Late Middle English: from Latin destinatio(n-), from destinare 'make firm, establish'. The original sense was 'the action of intending someone or something for a particular purpose', later 'being destined for a particular place', hence (from the early 19th century) the place itself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.